Baldwin Hill Art & Framing offers a variety of digital imaging services:
Large-Format Photo, Giclée, and document printing. We produce digital output on a variety of media up to 44 inches wide for different categories of work. All of our printing is done on a HP Designjet Z3100 printer with HP Vivera inks for brilliant, long-lasting color. We produce prints on a variety of media for different applications:
- Photo Prints: We produce glossy photo prints on HP Premium Photo Gloss paper and semi-gloss prints on Ilford Smooth Pearl paper. We have found that our semi-gloss prints are the most popular.
- Fine Art Giclée Prints: We offer fine art printing on a choice of smooth fine art paper (HP Matte Litho-Realistic paper), textured watercolor paper (Hahnemüle German Etching paper) and artists canvas (Breathing Color Chromata White canvas).
- Poster & Draft Prints: We can print poster-quality prints on super-brignt bond paper and on a matte-finish polypropylene material
- Specialty Printing: We can produce prints on a wide variety of media for specialized applications: vinyl banners, sheer cloth, and backlit transparencies just to name a few. If you can imagine it, we can most likely print it for you!
- Color Correction
- Damage repair
- Dust and scratch removal
- Cropping, resizing, and filling
- De-halftoning of newspaper and magazine photos
Document and Fine Art Scanning: We can scan your original photo, document, transparency, negative, or artwork for printing or archiving. We can scan virtually any size of flat art. Large pieces are scanned in sections and then “stitched” together using image assembly software. For most artwork we have found that scanning is superior to photographing for several reasons: the resolution is much higher, the lighting is perfectly even, and lens distortion is all but eliminated.
Image Processing: Our staff are experts in the use of Photoshop and other image-processing software to repair and enhance all types of digital images. This includes but is not limited to:
Color Calibration: If you have ever tried to print a photo on a color printer, you may notice that the color on the printout may not match the color on your monitor. This is because different devices render color differently. There is a way to greatly reduce this difference by generating a “color profile” for each device to compensate for these differences. We use a colorimeter in-house to calibrate our entire workflow: scanner, screen, and printer. This helps ensure accurate color from start to finish. We also offer color calibration services to our customers: we come to your premises and generate custom profiles for all of your equipment to help you achieve consistent color every time!